JOB POSTING for OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
The Elgin Federation of Agriculture (EFA) is currently seeking applicants for the position of Administrator. The EFA Administrator is responsible for secretarial and treasurer duties, as well as assisting the Board of Directors in achieving its mandate:
- to lobby to improve the economic and social well-being of farmers in Elgin County;
- to provide members with information on agricultural issues; and
- to promote public awareness of agriculture and the food system.
Working primarily from EFA’s office, located at 450 Sunset Drive, St. Thomas, successful applicants may require the ability to work from home, a vehicle, and experience in business applications:
- Simply Sage Accounting – Basic accounting/payroll knowledge
- Experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors
- Word Press
- Social media platforms (Facebook, website, etc.)
- Co-ordinating special events
- Engaged in the farm community or a solid understanding of current farm issues would warrant additional consideration
The EFA Administrator is a Part-Time position, requiring approximately 10 to 15 hours weekly (max. 60 hrs/month), with a starting salary between $14 – $16 per hour.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before Tuesday, January 30, 2018.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Elgin Federation of Agriculture (EFA) is the voice of over 1,100 farm family members in Elgin County. As the county affiliate of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA), EFA’s mission is to represent general farm issues to government and consumers.